This 5” digipack release covers Elvis’ engagement at The Las Vegas Hilton in January-February, 1972. RCA did not record entire shows, and several of the new songs Elvis had added to his shows were only recorded once. The consequence is that the main body of the CD – the RCA recordings – feature several previously released versions. Soundboard (informal) recordings of other song performances during the engagement were added to the end of the disc in order to make this as representative as possible of Elvis’ repertoire at that time.
1. Also Sprach Zarathustra (15/Midnight) 1:13 (Richard Strauss – P.D.)
2. See See Rider (15/Midnight) 2:47 (Traditional; Arr. By Elvis Presley)
3. Proud Mary (15/Midnight) 2:34 (John Fogerty)
4. Never Been To Spain (15/Midnight) 3:29 (Hoyt Axton)
5. You Gave Me A Mountain (15/Midnight) 3:11 (Marty Robbins)
6. Love Me (15/Midnight) 1:43 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
7. All Shook Up (15/Midnight) 1:01 (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
8. Teddy Bear / Don’t Be Cruel (15/Midnight) 1:57 (Kal Mann/Bernie Lowe) / (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
9. Hound Dog (15/Midnight) 1:57 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
10. Little Sister / Get Back (14/Midnight)* 1:53 (Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman) / (Lennon/Mccartney)
11. It’s Impossible (16/Midnight)* 4:15 (Sid Wayne/A. Manzanero)
12. It’s Over (17/Dinner)* 2:23 (Jimmie Rodgers)
13. The Impossible Dream (16/Midnight)* 2:34 (Mitch Leigh/Joe Darion)
14. A Big Hunk O’ Love (14/Midnight)* 2:06 (Aaron Schroeder/Sid Wyche)
15. An American Trilogy (14/Midnight) 4:33 (Mickey Newbury)
16. Can’t Help Falling In Love (15/Midnight) 1:39 (Hugo Peretti/Luigi Creatore/George Weiss)
17. Closing Riff (15/Midnight) 0:25
18. Until It’s Time For You To Go 3:50 (Buffy Sainte-Marie)
19. Polk Salad Annie 3:02 (Tony Joe White)
20. One Night 1:28 (Dave Bartholomew/Pearl King)
21. Bridge Over Troubled Water 4:15 (Paul Simon)
22. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy 2:07 (Lloyd Price)
23. I’ll Remember You 2:47 (Kuiokalaani Lee)
24. Suspicious Minds 5:31 (Mark James)
Recorded at The Hilton, Las Vegas.
Tracks 1-17: RCA recordings. February 14-17, 1972.
Tracks 18-24: A soundboard recording of the opening show January 26, 1972.
Cover photo courtesy of Joseph A. Tunzi / JAT Publishing. Other photos used by kind permission of Keith Alverson from the book "On Stage".